Revolutionary Women: 50 Women Of Color Who Reinvented The Rules Book
Revolutionary Women celebrates the amazing stories of 50 women of color who pushed boundaries, rewrote the rules, and inspired women everywhere to follow in their footsteps.
Discover the remarkable true stories of a diverse group of women who were trailblazers and leaders in their field, becoming visible icons of excellence in their communities and beyond. From making their mark on the big screen and in the halls of NASA to ruling on the courts of the US Open and the Supreme Court, their incredible stories will inspire you to embrace your authentic self and live your life in full color.
Learn about the inspiring stories of 50 women of color in the arts, sciences, and politics alongside Ann Shen's colorful illustrations. They include:
- Gloria Estefan - one of the best-selling female music artists of all time.
- Anna Sui - an iconic fashion designer for over four decades.
- Bessie Stringfield - the motorcycle queen of Miami.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - the youngest woman ever sworn into Congress.
- Misty Copeland - the first Black woman principal dancer at American Ballet Theater.
- Joyce Chen - the first Chinese celebrity chef.
- Stacey Abrams - First Black woman in US history to be a major party nominee for governor.
- Rita Moreno - First Latinx PEGOT winner.
- Grace Lee Boggs - Asian American activist and social justice leader.
This book combines fun and colorful illustrations with important history through the lens of intersectional feminism, celebrating women of color for the amazing things they accomplished, appealing to people of all ages and genders.
7.5" x 9".